We are currently looking to add pet sitters in the Roseville and Rocklin areas, as well as a couple of pet sitters for boarding in their homes in the El Dorado Hills and Folsom area.
Pet sitting isn’t something we take lightly and are picky about who we chose to join our team. Our mission is to honor our clients values and commitment to their pets.
If you are over the age of 21 and this sounds like something you or someone you know would LOVE to do please contact us after reviewing the following information carefully!
Pet sitting and dog boarding are perfect for energetic retirees, stay at home mom’s or dad’s, or work at home people.
If you’d like to be considered to join our team of professional pet sitters, please take a few moments and read through the desired characteristics of a Happy Tails Pet Sitter:
- Must absolutely love animals. Pet sitting can be challenging and if you don’t love animals, you won’t make it.
- For now, must live in the El Dorado Hills, Folsom, Placerville, Roseville, and Rocklin areas.
- Must be mature and over 21 years old.
- Must be honest, responsible, dependable and ethical. This is imperative.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with pet owners and conduct consultations.
- Must have a reliable car and in great working order.
- Must be positive and upbeat.
- Must be agreeable to a background check.
- Must be willing to work some holidays and weekends. Pet sitting is a 24/7 operation. If you travel a lot, then this is not the job for you.
- Must be able to walk any kind of dog. Big, small and in between.
- Must be able to think on your feet and be cool in emergencies.
- Must be clean and have a decent appearance
- Must be able to network with Vets, groomers, pet stores etc in your area.
If you would like to board dogs in your home:
- All of the above, plus:
- The home must be clean and presentable to pet owners.
- Backyard must be completely secured and big enough for dogs to play in.
- Must not be gone for more than 3-4 hours during the day. Please do not contact us if you are a full-time student or work outside of the home. A flexible schedule is highly desirable.
- Your own pets must be non-aggressive and get along with other dogs.